Tuesday, October 09, 2007

textscan and textread

Last week I was trying to demonstrate to my RA Jenn how I used the Matlab script to extract data from DMDX azk files and pull the data from all lists into onecomplete file. I tried to demonstrate on the computer in Park 320, so that she will be able to do the same if I give her similar assignments.

However I forgot one important thing - the Matlab installed on computers in 320 is 6.5, whereas I composed the script in the Matlab 7 on my laptop. The main command I used in the script - textcan - does not come into existance until Matlab 7. The comparable command to use in Matlab 6.5 is textread, which has very similar argument structure to textscan. The main differece is the format of the data read in, and therefore how the data are referred to in the following scriptfor any manipulation. One main problem I have right now is that I cannot utilize the participant ID information from the read in matrix. I thought the format of this cell would be the same as when it's read in by textscan (string). But it doesn't seems to work this way. I'm puzzled exceedingly...

No wonder it didn't work when I demo the process in PC.... I swithced the demo to my laptop immediately, but it wasn't util several days later that I realized where the problem had came from.
I am hoping that other members in the lab can also benefit from the scripts I created, so I'm still trying to modify the scripts for Matlab 6.5. However, judging from the number of other random tasks that constantly fall on me, I serious doubt when I will have a big chunk of time to play with my scripts....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home